Saturday, January 23, 2016

My 10 Musky Hunter Magazine cover artworks

Acrylic paintings on canvas/original paintings and  prints available .
Prices start at $350. and depending on size of the artwork.
Should you wish to have a fishing lure in one of my paintings contact me at my website.
 www.charlesweissart.com
Lily pad Panic,
features a leopard frog racing away after jumping off a lily pad. This was my first American MAGAZINE COVER!

End of the Figure Eight,
features a Mepps Giant Killer spinner bucktail pulling a rod and reel into the water at boat side.
This art was inspired by a Cory Trepanier painting  that was in Outdoor Canada

Perch with a Jerk,
features a muskie hooked on a Suick Thriller and chasing a near by Yellow Perch away.

Sunrise Surface Action,
features a leaping muskie on Clear Lake fighting a Rapala Super Shad crankbait.
Rapala lure companywas excited to see this art on the cover and sent me a box of their Super Shads.

Lunge on the Wing,
features a rare moment of a muskie attacking a Red Wing black bird. This has been my most successful painting !

Intense Concentration,
features a tiger Muskie chasing after a Suick Thriller jerk bait.

Close Encounter,
features a Creek Chubb Pikie Jointed crankbait.

Swimming free,
featuring a Muskellunge being Released underwater  at boatside

Deep Water Strike,
features a Bondy Bait Jig

Edge of Night Bite,
features a Lac Seul Turbo surface Lure

2 comments:

  1. What was your inspiration/reference for your most recent cover art work? I ask as I have a few fish posted in Musky Hunter and my biggest was caught at dusk and has the same scarring on its face. Id like to order a framed print of the full portrait if it is based off my fish and setting.

    I can be reached at rfplaw@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. tHIS eDGE OF nIGHT bITE PAINTWAS BASED ON A SELECTION OF DIFFERENT PHOTOS AS REFERENCE. pRINTS ARE IN A VERY LIMITED SUPPLY.

    ReplyDelete